Taking Adult Education & Training To New Heights
Media Works has been South Africa’s leading provider of Adult Education and Training (AET) for over 21 years. We offer a carefully crafted range of Adult Education and Adult Training programmes, which are constantly tweaked and updated to keep up with evolving needs and expectations.
Mobile learning anytime, anywhere
Online learning no longer requires a desktop computer or cumbersome laptop. The mobile device has allowed learning to happen at any time and at any place. Whether you are traveling on a taxi, bus or train, waiting at the airport or for a meeting, the mobile device gives you instant access to your learning content.
Mobile and just-in-time training
Being able to access training on a mobile device while at the point of need is truly powerful. Whether you are at the bottom of an open-cast mine or in the engine room of a ship, training is available in an instant. Up-to-date learning nuggets can be instantly accessed to help fill knowledge gaps.
Taking mobile offline
A mobile app must be able to work offline. If a learner is travelling to an area with no internet connection the app should be able to download the lessons and store them for later use. All activity is stored locally until connection has been re-established, where the data is then uploaded back to the server.
Millennials are born to mobile
Millennials make up about 30% of the current workforce. This tech-savvy group is comfortable in their use of smartphones and tablets. Millennials are also environmentally aware. Using mobile reduces the need for paper, power and the need to travel to the point of learning.
Our flagship product, Accelerate, is a ground-breaking, superior training solution which educates adults not only in the fundamental skills of mathematics and literacy, but also in fundamental life skills.
With the introduction of the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO) and the entry level being the FLC, Media Works has responded with Access.
Industry leaders who look to us for Training
Here’s what some of our customers had to say:
This letter serves to confirm that Anglo American Platinum has utilised the services of Media Works since the 1st of January 2006. We then expanded the scope on the 1st of January 2011, to the present day. We have contracted Media Works to provide a complete and total outsource solution for the whole of the South African company’s needs. This relates to the following sites: Rustenburg Section, Waterval Smelter, Amandelbult Section, Union Section, Mogalakwena Mine, Twickenham Platinum Mine
The programmes implemented at the sites include Adult Education and Training, Foundational Learning Competence and the Work- and Business Readiness courses. The sites are monitored and monthly reporting is sent through to HRD Managers. Anglo American Platinum has no hesitation in recommending Media Works as a Service Provider.Gavin M Brink
LETTER OF THANKS AND APPRECIATION
- The Defence Works Formation Foundation Learning Competency Course (FLC) refers.
- The Regional Works Unit KZN would like to place on record our sincere appreciation for the facilitation and positive contribution made by Ms Gail Langley, Mr Herb Mostert and Ms Fortunate Paneng during the Foundation Learning Competency Course (FLC) which was conducted over the period from 04 August 2014 to 31 October 2014.
- The dedication displayed by the facilitators towards their tasks contributed positively in making the course a success.
- For your Attention and further action.
LETTER OF THANKS AND APPRECIATION
- The Department of Defence has been working with Media Works for over two years. We view our relationship as a very solid and professional association. We utilize their service in two distinct manners. The first, we regard as ” internal”: In November 2012, we purchased the rights to use their material and had our own master trainers trained up to support the programme. Hence we are able to utilize our own resources to train members of the DOD on the Foundational Learning Competence.
- Subsequently, due to the demand we have also contracted Media Works to provide an outsourced solution , whereby they supply the facilitators to train on behalf of the DOD. This second approach, we regard as an “external solution.”
- Our national location requires us to ensure that the provider of choice has national reach. Media Works has supported training in a broad geographic area, to mention a few sites: Oudtshoorn, Kimberley, Thana Tshwane, Saldanha, Simonstown, Durban and the Free State.
4. We Are confident that Media Works has both the capability, as well as the passion to ensure that any project that they tackle will be successful.C.C. Laubscher
Sparrow Schools Educational Trust is an education provider specialising in offering affordable remedial education to learners from the ages of 7 to 25 years old. As part of the focus on remedial education, a primary concern is the upskilling of literacy and numeracy levels among learners of all ages. This is achieved through offering an adapted CAPS curriculum, ensuring the student gains enough exposure to literacy and numeracy training as part of the weekly learning program.
Since 2012, Sparrow Schools has been using Media Works learning material and partnering software to offer literacy and numeracy training to learners in grades 8 & 9 as well as learners enrolled in the Adapted Curriculum Skills Program that caters for learners with cognitive impairment. Media Works material makes it possible to provide a learning program that is individually packed according to the learner’s specific ability and competency levels.
Sparrow Schools has also made use of Media Works AET assessments in selection and screening processes. Here the learner is assessed using the Media Works assessment. Following the completion of the assessment, the school is provided with reliable feedback regarding the learner’s literacy and numeracy levels, thereby making it possible to place the learner in the correct class, grade and level.Jacques Janse Van Rensburg
Media Works has been an amazing partner to Maharishi Institute, always willing to assist and help with the goals and objectives of MI. They have kept us up to date with their developments in adult training and work readiness training and have made available all their materials and content. For many years we have used their programmes for English and Maths to improve the student’s abilities in these areas. They have gone above and beyond to help MI since inception to date and we deeply appreciate Media Works support and value add. We highly recommend their programmes to educational institutions, employers caring about the training and growth of their staff, and AET institutions, as well as government funded programmes.Dr. Taddy Blecher
Accreditations and Approvals
DHET Provisional Registration number: 2019/FE07/018