Debbie Luyt is a Media Works FLC facilitator based in Cape Town, Western Cape. After a 14-year career in banking she joined Media Works in 2005. Her clients include Table Bay Hotel and the SA Navy.
With an undergrad BA in Anthropology, Debbie has a passion for people and through her career as a facilitator she has been able to contribute to their development. We chatted to her recently to find out more about her role and approach to facilitation.
- Why did you become a Media Works Facilitator?
I enjoy contributing to people’s lives through uplifting and empowering them through education.
- Tell us about how you approach facilitation?
I try to introduce discussion points for the learners while we work through the curriculum. By bringing in current affairs and other topics of discussion it makes the theory more relevant to the learners.
- What are the highs and lows of your job?
What I love about facilitation is that each learner has had an impact on me one way or another. I enjoy interacting with them and learning from them. I don’t enjoy the marking.
- What are your top 3 study tips for learners?
- Take the opportunity to work through old exam papers
- Start your exam preparation well before the time
- Keep focused during your revision and don’t allow your mind to drift off